To keep your carpeting and rugs looking flawless like the first day, you just have to keep in mind some very simple tips.
- For the carpets and rugs to be as good as new, and also to revive and restore the original shades, you will need to sprinkle on them a generous amount of common salt and leave it to work for 24 hours. The next day, run the broom or the vacuum cleaner, and you will see that the results are surprising. If you don’t have that much time and need to clean the carpet quickly and eliminate odors and disinfect it from parasites, sprinkle abundant baking soda. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then vacuum.
- To restore your carpets to their original bright tones, cover them with dry tea leaves – which you will have previously used as an infusion – and let them work throughout the night. The next day a brush moistened with water, and ammonia passes. They will be like new.
- To clean your carpets, use a mixture of warm water, a stream of ammonia, and a cucumber’s juice. They will be impeccable.
- If you have left mud on the bottom of your shoes on the carpet, wait for it to dry and then rub with the mixture of a liter of water and a tablespoon of ammonia.
- When the labeling allows, wool rugs will be perfect by washing them with a mild detergent. Don’t forget to add a vinegar spray to the last rinse.
Eliminate signs on carpets
- If what you want is to eliminate the signs that a piece of furniture has left on your carpet, all you have to do is apply to the place pressed by the support; a cloth dipped in warm water. It passes over a very hot iron, but without making any kind of pressure. You must pass it more than once until the cloth is completely dry. In this way, you will get the wool to straighten, and the marks will disappear.
- If you have a small cigarette burn on the mat that left a sign that ugly the mat, rub it gently with sandpaper in a circular motion.
- If you plan to store your rugs until after the summer and want to prevent them from losing their original shades while rolled, spray them with sparkling water. Then let them dry before brushing.